My Pregnancy Checklist For Your Business
On the podcast this week, I gave a few of my tips on preparing for baby while running a business- but the truth is, nothing can totally prepare you. Adjusting to work after baby was tough. While I did learn a few handy lessons that I'd like to pass on to you today, my biggest advice is this: Let go of expectations and enjoy this new adventure best you can. You will find your new norm.
- Build your savings before baby, as much as you can. Before you even get pregnant is better.
- Accept that you might not have a "traditional" maternity leave if you own your own business.
- Think about how you will want to adjust your schedule ahead of time.
- Accept that your work life might change- I know I'm not working the 60+ hours a week I was before kids.
- ASK FOR ALL THE HELP! Childcare, family, employees, whatever you can get.
- Pull back on your schedule whenever feels right for you (I did at about 7 or 8 months pregnant) to help adjust to your new normal.
- Auto-pilot as best you can: have automated systems for things like newsletters, online booking, etc. Prep social media ahead of time.
- Think about passive income sources, but don't reinvent the wheel. Now is not the time to change your entire business model.
- Get these things done ahead of time, while you have the energy! Let yourself rest when you feel like you need it.
- Finally, have grace with yourself. Know that things will come up that you weren't prepared for. Just as you'll adjust to being a mom, you'll adjust to working with a baby as well.
If your a new mom or mom-to-be struggling to figure out how you'll manage it all, I'm here to help! Schedule a one-on-one call with me and we can work together to put systems in place to keep your business running smoothly while you focus on your family. You might not be able to do it all on your own, but I truly believe that you can have both ❤️