Lorena's Favorite Coffee Recipes + Accessories
My love for the right kind of coffee now runs deep but coffee wasn't actually a part of my daily routine until I found the right way to make it... rich, creamy and extra frothy. I typically get way too jittery drinking coffee though so I usually stick with an iced or hot chai, but adding my secret ingredient to coffee kicks some of the caffeine and fills me up right when I wake up.
I'm also not big on spending $10 on a coffee or wasting my money at Starbucks because I know most of what they add in is sugar and too much milk. You guys love when I share my "collagen coffee" on IG so I figured I'd dedicate an entire blog to sharing the recipe and what I use. The trick to this is a few things but mostly BLENDING everything together then topping with foam!
Here's everything you need:
- Nespresso coffee maker + pods (My Nespresso machine comes with a frother but you can also use a hand frother)
- Nutri Bullet or any blender
- Vital Proteins Vanilla Coconut Collagen (or any flavor)
- Almond or soy milk
- Vanilla creamer (I like macadamia or almond)
- Pure maple syrup if you want to sweeten
- Brew your coffee straight into your Nutri Bullet
- Add one scoop of collagen
- Splash of unsweetened almond milk
- Add a few drops of pure maple syrup if you want to sweeten
- Froth your creamer or milk separately
- Pour blended coffee in your mug or over ice and top with foam from your frothed creamer
- Add a straw for iced versions and prepare to never leave home before having one of these!
For a dirty chai, simply add Tazo Chai concentrate to blended coffee!